Turbans - These caps have become a go-to cancer hat for many women with hair loss because they are simple, fashionable, easy to wear, and comfy. These are the perfect choice for every day wear and can be dressed up or down to suit any occasion with accessories. They are typically made from soft material and constructed to look like fabric wrapped around the head. Bonus: turbans can double as sleep caps.
Scarves - A scarf is an elegant option for women who want to experiment with sophisticated, feminine looks. These versatile head coverings can be worn in a myriad of ways and can be found in almost every type of fabric. Some cancer patients do not want to tie a scarf, so we offer both untied and pre-tied head scarf options.
Wigs - A wig can help women with hair loss feel secure and confident. With so many styles and colors to choose from, it is even possible to find a wig that closely resembles your hairstyle prior to your hair loss. On our Wig Resources page, you'll also find a step-by-step guide to help you on your wig buying journey. You can also take advantage of our free wig consultation service to have an experienced wig consultant help you choose the right color and style for you.
1. Sleep Cap - When you don't have hair to cover your scalp, heat can be lost through the top of your head when you are sleeping. In other words: you'll get cold.Finding a sleep cap that you can wear at night can prevent night chills and work to keep your head warm at night. Additionally, bare scalps can be sensitive and a sleep cap will help protect your skin while you toss and turn in your sleep.
2. Basic Beanie or Turban - Beanies and turbans are ideal “everyday” head coverings.These can be thrown on in a snap, and they're perfect for wearing to chemotherapy treatments.They can even be kept in a car, purse, or pocket for quick, unexpected trips.Our most basic coverings come in many colors, so you can easily find one that suits you.You'll get the most from your money by purchasing a simple, comfy cap because 1) they can bedressed up or down with accessories and 2) they can also double as sleep caps.
3. Sun Protection Hat - Cancer treatments can leave your skin extremely vulnerable to the sun's harmful rays. Invest in a wide brimmed sun hat to help keep your scalp, face, and neck protected. Many of our hats also have SPF built right intothe fabric for even more protection.
4. Hat Liner - A hat liner made from soft, comfortable fabric like cotton or bamboo, is a great item to have on hand. Wearing a hat liner allows you to wear hat styles made from more abrasive materials without irritating the scalp. A hat liner can also be worn under any hat to give you full head coverage.
5. Slip-On or Pre-Tied Scarf - These easy-to-use scarves are a wonderful everyday or formal option for cancer patients. They slip right onto the head and give the look of an intricately tied scarf without all of the work. They're lightweight and perfect to toss into a bag or keep in your car for times when you need something quick, easy, and sophisticated.Their elegant design can be dressed up or down.